As a COVID-19 essential service, we are open for business and are committed to providing safe and efficient moving services to our customers.
Our Commitment to You
We are committed to moving you safely. In these unprecedented times, we take our role as essential service providers very seriously. We will continue to provide services while following recommendations from the CDC and the WHO while working to protect our customers and front-line employees.
Limiting in-person contact is the best practice when limiting the spread of COVID-19. While our business requires we enter the residence to provide packing and loading services, we can conduct the quote process via virtual survey. While the staff is working remotely, they are available to customers, agents and drivers during the same business hours and in the same manner as if they were working in the office.
As you plan and prepare for your move, here are some steps you can take:
- Rather than greeting the crew with handshakes, greet them in some other way, verbally for instance.
- To ensure everyone’s health and safety, if you or anyone within your household may have contracted Coronavirus, or are isolating due to exposure to the virus, call us and explain the situation; in many cases, we will try to work with you
- If you must cancel your move, be sure to ask questions about how we are managing cancellations now
- Your health and the health of your family is important. If you are in a vulnerable group, over 60 or have a compromised immune system, schedule your move after the pandemic is over if it is at all possible.
- Provide the moving crew access to a sink, soap and paper towels throughout your move. If this isn’t practical, and it is readily available, provide hand sanitizer
- Purchase new moving boxes and tape; this isn’t the time to use recycled boxes from online sources and free sites or from stores
- If you have not already purchased food for the next couple of weeks, you’ll want to stock up on items that you eat regularly. Any shelf-stable items can be donated to Move For Hunger before your move to lighten your load
- When moving long distances, you may want to fly in to meet your moving truck. Be sure that you book refundable plane tickets and select hotels that offer free cancellation. Ask about cancellation policies before you book, and remember to read