Local Movings advises buying the first two hours of service to secure your reservation. This means that Local Movings will take your payment at the time the reservation is made, but a full refund will be made as long as A cancellation/ reschedule takes place at least 48 hours before your move’s date has been scheduled- if you do it after the 48 hours you will be charged $59. Buying the first 2 hours is to guarantee your reservation date and time, otherwise, Local Movings has the right to cancel or to sell your service/reservation with or without notice before the moving/reservation day.
For moves that have been scheduled within 48 hours, the cancellation/ reschedule is expected within 14 hours before your move date and time. For moves’ reservations made on the same day of the service, the cancellation is expected to be within 30 minutes before the move’s scheduled time. Please note, credit card refunds may take up to five to seven business days for your bank to complete, depending on their processing time. This can vary greatly between card issuers
You do not have to buy the first 2 hours, however, if the first two hours are not bought at the time the reservation is confirmed by email or by phone, Local Movings has the right to cancel your service/reservation with or without notice before the moving/reservation day. It all depends on the demand for specific date and time of the move.
The value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Email or phone reservation confirmation is required (firstname.lastname@example.org). Requires confirmation of the date of the reservation with Local Movings. If your move is completed earlier than the two-hour minimum, then you will pay the minimum amount $239. Moves that go longer than the hours purchased will be prorated for $25 every 15 minutes. All services reserved must be redeemed during a single visit by the same customer. We operate within 35 miles of our office Zip Code 77057, anything further than 35 miles is subject to the discretion of the company Call (855) 978-7191 for details.
Local Movings’ terms of service apply.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY We agree to refund the purchase price in the circumstances set out above. Apart from that, neither Local Movings nor any of our officers, employees or agents, are responsible for the correctness of any statement of whatever kind whether written or oral nor for any other errors or omissions in description or for any faults or anything booked with Local Movings. AGREEMENT BETWEEN CUSTOMER AND Local Movings. Welcome to the Local Movings website (the “Website”). This Website is provided solely to assist customers in gathering “Moving Service” information, determining the availability of Moving —related goods and services, making legitimate reservations or otherwise transacting business with movers/moving suppliers, and for no other purposes. The terms “we”, “us”, “our”, “Local Movings” refer to Local Movings a Texas corporation, The term “you” refers to the customer visiting the Website and/or booking a reservation through us on this Website, or through our customer service agents.
- 3 Movers and a 26 FEET box truck
- Plastic and quilted blankets to protect your furniture and other items from home A-B. We provide as a courtesy.
- Dissembling/assembling and packing/unpacking. We provide as a courtesy.
- Complimentary Coverage Carriers Liability.
- Free stops and Fuel: We provide as a courtesy.
- Free 20 miles from home A-B-C Destination. You can buy up to 10 more miles for a $1per mile. Local Moves Only.
- Long Distance moves, the customer pays $1 per mile from home A-B NO free miles(anything more than 30 miles A-B)
- Wardrobe boxes (3) upon request from home A-B. We provide as a courtesy.
- *Protection of floors in traffic areas only upon written request. We provide as a courtesy.
- Do not forget to read from our website the FAQ, and our insurance options @ localmovings.com
- It is your obligation to read about our insurance options
**All Customers need to confirm their identity with a valid government issued ID prior to starting the moving service.**The customer or his representative must be present during the move and final “walkthroughs.” Our time runs continuously until payment is completed. Having your cash or credit card ready will save you time and money. Top Reasons for A MOVE Cancellation during or before the service (and what you can do to prevent it) Avoid:
- Making rude, condescending, insulting and demeaning statements to any of our staff on the phone or in person.
- Using angry, hostile tones or berating our staff.
- Being physically or verbally abusive toward our staff.
NOTICE. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING THIS EMAIL AND ANY PAGES THEREOF, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW, DO NOT ACCESS THIS EMAIL, OR ANY PAGES THEREOF.
We report to the National Insurance Crime Bureau all claims, and they are submitted in the order they are received, this is to prevent a consumer for fraudulent action against an insurance company or government insurance organization. Localmovings.com offers the coverage that the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requires, which is the basic insurance required for in-state moves at 60 cents a pound per damaged or lost item, it does not cover floors, walls, doors or any furniture nor appliances damages such as; dents, scratches, tears, cracks, and other surface blemishes, including but not limited to, glass, walls, wood, upholstery, and leather. Although every precaution possible will be taken to avoid damaging any tangible property, If you feel that you need insurance coverage for appliances, walls, furniture, doors, ceilings and floors or insurance coverage for damages such as, dents, scratches, tears, cracks, and other surface blemishes, you can buy added value for surfaces for furniture, appliances,” other items”, floors, doors, walls and other surfaces-for- $250. You also can buy insurance coverage from your insurance provider for damages such as dents, scratches, tears, cracks, and other surface blemishes. If you do not request this coverage in writing, it is assumed that you do not want it. If you did buy the extra coverage from Local Movings, you will need to submit the request ALONG WITH THE INVENTORY pictures of the items to be moved prior to the move during the reservation process. Any claim of a damaged or lost item, which is not included in the inventory prior to loading the truck WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED to be covered under any coverage. http://localmovings.com/insurance-options/ While we do move many different types of heavy items, that does not mean we specialize in them. For these items you should hire a company that specializes in the item, such as piano movers, pool table movers, gun safe movers, appliances movers… etc. A specialty company will have the appropriate training and equipment for these items. Verify our company with the FMCSA & TXDMV.gov http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/CompanySnapshot.aspx
http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/consumer-protection/dont-make-a-move If you can’t find our moving company in their database, ask us to give you a copy of our TxDMV Certificate number and check that information in the TXDMV Truck Stop database.
- Do not forget to confirm availability for your move!
- Do you Need 2 or 3 Movers?
- 2 MOVERS are RECOMMENDED FOR 1 bedrooms homes and 1st floors, light/regular furniture: Call Local Movings for more information and availability
- 3 movers are recommended for:
- 1. Very large furniture
- 2. Heavy furniture and/or heavy items.
- 3. Large jobs.
- 4. Extensive stairs
- and /or narrow staircase
- 5. Challenging moving situations
- 6. Long walking distances from the truck to your home
- 7. Hoisting furniture up to decks and difficult places
- 8. Some locations in Texas are very difficult to park and move…often requiring help from a 3rd mover.We hope this is helpful in understanding why we make the recommendations we do to have either 2 movers or 3 movers.
5850 San Felipe
Houston, TX 77057
We are open 7am to 7pm everyday!!!