Buying a home is an overwhelming experience. If this is your first time, it can be even more stressful. While you are worrying about home inspections and mortgage applications, localmovings.com will help you to make the process an easy and fun one. Here is a very thorough check list of tasks that should be completed before and after the move.
• Start contacting moving companies flat rate moves, low cost moves, and small moves. Interview a variety of companies, making sure you get the best services for the best price. Get estimates from each while discussing their procedures and policies.
• Compare and contrast moving companies versus do-it-yourself options.
• If you are relocating for your job, ask what expenses will and won’t be covered. Find out what documentation you will need for reimbursement. Remember localmovings.com is a flat rate moving company, prices are based on low cost moves.
• Will you need to store your possessions; plan ahead of time with localmovings.com you pay nothing to us to help you locate the most convenient storage room for you!
• Make arrangements to disconnect all utilities (phone, internet, cable, water, garbage, gas, electric, etc.) on the appropriate date.
• Start sorting through your possessions. Donate or sell anything you don’t need; this will make the moving process much easier.
• Return any items you have borrowed from friends or neighbors.
• Contact schools, doctors, dentists, etc. in your new location. Transfer any necessary files.
• If you are renting and hope to get your security deposit back, make any repairs now (before you get too busy).
• Before going to the grocery store, check the fridge and pantry; eat what you have before buying more. And don’t buy food you won’t eat in the next 30 days.
• Make a file of all moving related documents. Keep it somewhere handy so you can get it when you need it (don’t pack it in a box!).
Ask us about our Senior Citizen, Active Duty, and Students Discounts!
*Our Prices include travel for Local Moves ONLY- A Local Move is considered a move that is within 25 miles radius from our office, and 25 between point A-B.