Option One – Complimentary Coverage
We offer the Basic Complementary Insurance Localmovings.com offers the coverage that the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requires, which is the basic insurance required for in-state moves at 60 cents a pound per item damaged or lost. It does not cover walls nor floors. Texas Movers are required to offer this protection, though it’s minimal coverage: We assume liability by weight, not cost — for only up to 60 cents per pound per item. This kind of coverage might be fine for inexpensive items, but probably not your 55″ TV.
Option Two – Extended Valuation Coverage to be discussed further.
Valuation Under Valuation the items listed on your inventory will be covered if they are lost or damaged up to the Valuation amount; in order to receive full-replacement value for an item, it must be damaged beyond repair or confirmed as lost. Valuation coverage is extended at $10 per $1,000 for intrastate with a $500 deductible and a $10,000 minimum. If the item does not qualify for full-replacement value you will be paid the lesser of the following options, according to Localmovings.com’ assessment:
- The cost for repairing the damage.
- The cost to replace the destroyed or lost item with similar kind or quality.
- Keep in mind, if our low cost movers break a very expensive antique, we are not required to contribute to its repair or replacement unless you document it as an extraordinary valuable beforehand. It’s a good idea to document items worth over $100 per pound (like jewelry or china). Unless all relevant items are listed, our mover’s liability for items worth over $100 per pound will be limited to $100 per pound (based on the item’s weight), and if damaged or broken, we won’t pay more than the total value of all of the belongings being moved.
What Is Not Covered
- Loss or damage to jewelry, gemstones, cash, stamps, coin or currency, bank notes, checks, travelers check, deeds, letters or valuable papers of any kind, coin or stamp collections, photo albums, scrapbooks, perishable articles, firearms, ammunition or contraband. TV’s (plasmas) uncrated or without the original packing. Any item that was not packed by our low cost flatrate movers.
- Any internal electrical or mechanical component of any device unless external damages are duly noted in writing at the time of delivery.
- Loss of data and recalibration are also excluded.
- Damage to furniture made from pressed wood and/or particleboard.
- Loss or damage consisting of breakage of china, glassware, bottles, statuary, bric-a-brac, or items of a brittle nature unless the items have been packed by the carrier and is listed on the inventory. The carrier is not responsible for the content of boxes packed by the owner.
- Undamaged items to a pair or set where one or more items in the pair or set are lost or damaged.
- Tax, shipping or handling charges.
- Boxes you packed yourself: Though lots of people pack their own boxes to save money and time, movers aren’t liable for boxes they didn’t pack.
- Hazardous materials: Things like paint thinner, gasoline, or other dangerous chemicals aren’t likely to be covered.
- Pieces of furniture based on material: If your bed frame is made of pressed wood or particleboard, any damages might not be covered.
- Open boxes: Most moving companies will refuse to move any open boxes. Companies that will move them may not cover the contents if they’re damaged during transit.
- The wiring of electronics: This means the inside of your TV, stereo, laptop, and the inner workings of other electronic equipment.
- Musical instruments: Whether it’s a fancy guitar or hand-me-down high school brass, your mover may not cover it.
WHEN MOVING INTO AND OUT OF OUR STORAGE
- If you select Option One and your move requires storage, while in storage your items will be covered up to $2,500 with a $500 deductible or .60 per pound, whichever is greater.
- If you select Option Two and your move requires storage, while in storage you will be charged $10.00* per $1,000.00 of your Valuation for each month your items are in our storage facility.
- Your move out of storage is a separate move for which you must choose the same coverage option that you selected for the move into storage.
LOCAL MOVINGS PRIORITIES AND POLICIES
Affordability, reliability and quality are our top priorities. Our top policy is to protect our movers’ integrity. For instance: in cases where there is abusive language and threats against our movers or any one in our company before or during the move, the move must stop immediately without keeping the customer financially liable for the time worked, if any. In this way we keep the relationship with our employees and customers safe. We at Local Movings make it a high priority to deliver affordability, reliability and quality. If we disappoint someone, we want it to be the last time.